Last updated: 2022 March 24
I like free graphics and fonts.
- Graphics & Illustrations
- Patterns & Textures
- Free Photos
Graphics & Illustrations
- unDraw: A big collection of color-customizable SVG illustrations (many related to tech/design), and the source of all the header images for this website
- Scale by Flexiple: Daily color-customizable SVG illustrations. Similar to unDraw, but smaller collection (so far) and more detailed style.
- manypixels: Large collection of stylistically consistent, color-customizable illustrations. This has multiple styles, usually with the same illustration available in most/all styles.
- Lukaszadam: Small but growing collection of small illustrations
- Mixkit: Many styles of illustrations of a variety of subjects. (More visually interesting than the trendy flat styles of the above ones)
- The Noun Project: Huge collection of single-color icons, free with attribution.
- 365cons: 365 kinda-random, (mostly) full-color icons
- IconStore: Collections of outline & full-color icons in various styles
- Flaticon: Mixture of free (with attribution) and paid icons, in both full- and single-color.
Patterns & Textures
- Hero Patterns: Repeating 2-color SVG patterns for websites. It’s what I use on my website.
- Trianglify: Generate multi-colored triangle-based SVG images
- SVG Backgrounds: Customizable (any colors, multiple patterns) SVG pattern generator. Free with attribution.
- Pattern Generator: Generate complex, multi-colored SVG patterns
- Pattern Monster: More customizable SVG patterns
- PxHere: Huge selection of CC0 photos
- Unsplash: Smaller but more curated collection of CC0 photos
- Pexels: More CC0 images
- Pixabay: …More CC0 images. (Sensing a theme here?)
- Flickr: Filter by creative commons and size to get a wide variety of images. This has been one of the best sources of photos for Reckless Ham
- Dreamy Pixel: Some free images, which I haven’t used much so far
- Foodiesfeed: Free stock food photos (not as extensive as some of the other sites)
- Public Domain Pictures: Pictures that are free because they’re in the public domain
- Wikimedia Commons: Public domain/CC pictures from the same people that brought you Wikipedia. Useful if you’re looking for a picture of something very specific. (Also check out the topic’s Wikipedia page.)
- Coolors: Generate new color palettes just by hitting the space bar.
- Material Design Color Tool: See and test all of the material colors and their variants.
- Google Fonts: Easily embed fonts in a website without downloading anything. Or use it to download and install fonts locally.
- Font Squirrel: A curated selection of good-looking fonts with a lot of useful filters
- Colors & Fonts: Font pairings, color palettes, gradients, and more
- AllTheFreeStock: Clearinghouse of even more free icons, stock photos, etc. Find the stuff I haven’t used yet.