Check out what I’m up to in my free time, in approximately reverse chronological order.
This is rough contemporaneous documentation of projects I’m working on. Its main purpose is to be reference for myself in case I find myself doing something similar in the future. It’s based on the concept of documentation I learned in How To Make (Almost) Anything:
- It should be honest about your process, your mistakes & failures, and be done while you work (not after), so you don’t sugar coat it and leave out the interesting/important details.
- You’re way less likely to actually write stuff down if you wait until you’ve already finished the project.
- Explaining things by writing them down helps you solve your own problems (like rubber duck debugging).
- It helps you keep track of useful resources/links as you’re going, so you don’t need to keep open 300 browser tabs.
- Everyone loves lots of pictures.